Sunday, January 31, 2010

What Cha Really Really Want



What else can be added to the Spice Girls empire?  Back in the day, I had all the CDs, music videos, dolls, Spice World, pencils, notebooks, and who knows what else!  And a few years ago, when the girls did a U.S. reunion tour, most of the 15-20 year olds in the country turned back into preteen crazed fans.  All I wanted was to go to the concert, which would be my 5th time seeing them.  I know, I was a complete fangirl :-P.  But then it turned out that they would be coming to D.C. a few weeks after I had ankle reconstruction surgery, so I would still be on crutches and painkillers.  So, no go.  I actually felt pain looking at my friends' Facebook pictures and hearing their accounts of it the next day.  I thought I was more mature than that, but I guess a blast from the past can do that to you.

I'm back at home for the other weekend, and the other night my dad was telling me that he heard that a musical is being made out of one of my favorite movies, but he couldn't remember which one.  We couldn't figure it out, since most of my favorite movies were musicals first.  This morning during breakfast, someone said something about the Spice Girls.  I don't even remember what it was anymore since I've been in such an excited craze since then.  I was skeptical at first, because sometimes he makes up crap for fun just to get us excited.

But after some time on Google, I believe him!  Mel B has been talking to several publications about the plans for a musical.  I haven't been able to get many details, but this has still made my day!  Apparently, Simon Fuller and the producer of Mamma Mia got the wheels rolling.

It's going to be awhile until the musical hits the stage; in various articles I've seen 2-3 years.  And unfortunately, it is being launched in the West End.  It didn't even occur to me that it would end up in England, but that does make the most sense.  I'm really hoping it comes to the U.S.!

Some more links to news articles about it:

No comments:

Post a Comment